Even so, I didn't get much baking/cooking done like I had originally planned because, well, I am on a super-diet and I haven't been eating much other than a simple fish filet with some steamed veggies, and none of it has been very blog-worthy. UNTIL NOW.
I made this BBQ sauce for some awesome salmon burgers we bought in the frozen food aisle. I swear though, these are the best burgers EVER. LOTS OF CAPS LOCK. Please buy these burgers, then slather this delicious sweet & savory sauce all over them. Your spouse/parents/babies will thank you. I know my baby did.
|"Yup. I'm just a babeh."|
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (blueberry flavored is preferred, but not what I used)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 2 tbsp Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbeque Sauce
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat and add the blueberries; heat until they begin to burst, about 5-8 mins., then mash completely with a fork.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk well to combine and further break up the blueberries, then turn the heat up to medium.
- Heat until the mixture bubbles, stirring every few mins., then turn the heat back down to low and simmer for 20 mins., stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- The finished product will be thicker and lumpier than regular BBQ sauce; serve on burgers (particularly of the salmon variety) or other meats, or as a dipping sauce.
Butter liked it so much, he wanted to bring along his baby to share in the goodness.
|"I like to carry my babeh by his stomach. With my teeth. Also, please ignore the fact that his face is ripped open."|